Good writing—in a magazine or on a corporate website—makes for good reading. It informs and explains and enlightens and tells a story and maybe even inspires. Drawing on my background in journalism and my experience in corporate communications, I do a wide variety of writing and editing projects for international organizations, including website copy, annual reports, brochures, newsletter stories, and in-depth case studies.
SAMPLE CASE STUDIES
A series of case studies for the Inter-American Development Bank looked at topics such as gender equality, green energy, and "shared value."
Anchored in Equity: Promoting equal opportunities for women and men at a major Mexican port
Going Green at the Grassroots: Helping companies in Central America convert to renewable energy sources
Forging Value from Scrap: Building shared value in Ecuador's scrap metal industry
Rooms with a Viewpoint: Optimizing a Jamaican hotel's value to the community
A Leg Up to the Next Rung: Expanding access to higher education in Peru
The Fruits of their Labor: Improving workers' lives in Chile's fertile farm belt
My stories for the monthly newsletter of the Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas cover a range of topics. Some recent examples:
- Finding New Synergies between Water and Energy
- Harnessing the Trade Winds
- Addressing Energy Poverty: More than Flipping a Switch
- Ports Going Green
- Putting Air Quality to the Test
- Expanding Access to Electricity in Belize
- Starting Over: Building Resilience in the Face of Disaster
- "No Time to Lose" in the Transition to Cleaner Energy
OTHER CLIENTS & PROJECTS
- IDB Invest. When the private sector arm of the Inter-American Development Bank Group launched its new brand—IDB Invest—I worked with the communications team to develop completely new content for the website.
- World Bank. Projects have included editing policy briefs for the WAVES partnership (the acronym stands for Wealth Accounting and the Valuation of Ecosystem Services) and editing publications in the World Bank Group's Doing Business series.
- Organization of American States. Working with the Inter-American Drug Abuse Control Commission, I edited a series of studies on the impact of drugs on public health, security, and development, as well as on other aspects of the drug problem in the Americas.